I Moved

I invite you to visit my blog's new home at:

http://www.leahsaylorabney.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Week Three - Lightning? More like fireworks.

Week three of my writing lessons has taken me to the dreaded "idea on demand" phase of things. Without a doubt, one of my weaknesses. Maybe because my conscious mind is so active and hardly ever shuts up or maybe because my poor Muse whispers. Who knows. This week's lesson, however, was a HUGE help in getting me over this hurdle. Along with my newfound clustering and (now) highly tuned listening, I did pick up a couple new ideas from my Muse. Not the three I was instructed to call down, but two isn't so bad, right?

At the end of this lesson, I wrote, "He whimpered softly to himself, crouched with his knees in his throat, a sharp pain creeping up his spine." I didn't use this as one of my "lightning" ideas because I'm pretty sure this sentence refers to a main character from another idea/story I've been seeing for about a year now. When I close my eyes, I can see him there still, hunkered in the corner, like a frightened child. I guess he's waiting on me to write him out of that shadowy corner of forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment