I Moved

I invite you to visit my blog's new home at:

http://www.leahsaylorabney.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Summer's over, fall is here.

Welp, fall has arrived and it makes me a little sad to see everything dying. I try to remind myself this is part of the cycle, death is a necessary part so that everything can be reborn and beautiful in six months or so. I could do without the blizzard this year, if I'm being a little selfish.

I am officially way behind in the writing course. Thankfully, I've read several classmates' postings saying they are as well. It's coming up on Week 10 and I'm still on Week 5. I don't feel so bad when I read others are still around Week 3 and 4. I'm not totally disappointed with my progress but I need to get back on the wagon quickly so I don't lose the momentum I was steadily building up in Week 4. It's a great course though.

My aunt is starting an online creative writing class that sounded pretty interesting so I think I'm going to enroll in that after my six month class with Holly is over. I want to get myself disciplined to write regularly...that's the only way I'll ever get published so it's a high priority on my to-do list.

I am making progress on my new blog. I've been brainstorming / clustering ideas for topics to write about. I'm trying to tie it into a book as well so I want to be sure and get ideas down in a setup I can save outside of my blog and build up then compile into a book format.

On a personal note, my daughter is doing well in fourth grade. We're getting into a routine of getting out of the house for "Field Trip Fridays" and we're looking to volunteer on a regular basis as well. I think that will definitely help build up her character and help teach her how important it is to give back, pay it forward, if you will.

I went on a fabulous first date this weekend and it looks very promising. Finally someone who is exactly who they say they are. I think we'll be having a lot of fun together in the coming months. I also watched Eagle Eye this weekend and it was terrific. I'm starting to develop a little crush on Shia *smile*, but nothing to compete with my Josh Hartnett crush *grins*...yet.

I finished Inkheart by Cornelia Funke on Monday and started Jim Butcher's Proven Guilty (another Dresden Files novel). I need to re-read The Lord of the Rings trilogy before the end of the year because I haven't done so in 2008; it's a yearly thing :-)

Until next time--follow your dreams and never stop reaching for the stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment